When it comes to dealing with termites, you do not want to do it yourself. At-home treatments are inconsistent and not as potent as professional termite treatment in West Palm Beach. Getting a professional to help handle and prevent infestations in the future. If you spot signs of a possible termite infestation it is best to call Florida Environmental Pest Management as soon as possible to schedule an appointment with one of our professional exterminators.
Signs You Might Need Termite Control:
If you suspect you might have termites in your West Palm Beach home, be sure to be on the lookout for the following signs:
- Listen for chewing noises or head-banging sounds
- Look for discarded wings or flying bugs
- The presence of mud tubes on the exterior walls of your home
- Timber that sounds hollow when you knock on it
- Termite droppings – known as frass
- Tunnels in wood
- Windows that are difficult to open and doors that are too tight to close properly
How To Tell if You Already Have Termite Damage:
- Pinpoint holes in your drywall
- Drooping drywall
- Peeling paint that many mistake for water damage
- Laminate or wood floors that begin to buckle
- Loose tiles in your shower, on the floor, or anywhere else they are present
Termite Treatment & Termite Control Options:
There are several types of termite control and treatment options. They are categorized in two ways, prevention and control (extermination). Protection techniques include liquid termite systems & baiting Termite systems like centricon. For termite control services, you can choose no tent termite treatment or tent fumigation treatment treatment.
Liquid Termite Protection
Liquid termite protections have a lot of benefits, such as:
- Extremely effective
- Virtually odorless
- Faster acting than bait systems
- Systematically kills termites and their colonies once they come in contact with the product
- Reputable companies have formulas that comply with strict standards provided by the Food Quality Protection Act
Termites are unable to smell, taste, or see the liquid formula, so it is impossible to avoid. Once a termite comes in contact with the product, they spread it amongst the colony. When the product reaches the queen termite, the colony is as good as dead. This needs to be administered by a licensed professional if you want to avoid any issues.
Termite Baiting Systems
Termite baiting systems that are installed by a professional are an extremely effective way to kill termites. Services like the Sentricon System can be installed by certified pest management companies and they actively fight off termites. By baiting them away from your home and into a locked container, you save the structural integrity of your home.
Tent fumigation is typically recommended when someone is moving into a new home and a Drywood Termite infestation has been discovered. This is an extreme measure for termite control and not always necessary, although in many circumstances it can be needed.
No Tent Termite Treatment
No Tent Termite Control attacks termites that infest the inside of your home. Drywood termites are typically found in attics. Most companies want to tent your home when signs of infestations are found but it sometimes can be overkill.
Termite Treatment & Termite Control FAQ’s
What Can I do To Prevent Termite Swarms?
You can take termite prevention into your own hands. Follow these tips to reduce the chances that your home becomes infested with termites:
- When putting down mulch, make sure it is at least 15 inches away from your home
- Seal all holes and cracks on the exterior of your home
- Keep all wood at least 20 feet away from the exterior of your home
- Monitor all of the exterior wood of your home for changes
- Make sure water flows away from your home and does not pool anywhere close to the foundation
- Make sure the basement, attic, and crawlspace of your home is well-ventilated and dry
- Be on the lookout for mud tubes inside and outside the home
When is it right to get no tent termite treatment?
Once termites make your home their own, you need a fast and effective method to get rid of them. With an advanced non-repellent product, termite colonies in your home are quickly eliminated. The product works using the transfer effect, which kills off worker termites and the queen. In this way, the termite colony dies. The best part is there is no tent so your home is not disrupted. As a result, you can live your daily life without worrying about termites.
What is a termite baiting system?
Termite baiting is an efficient and effective way to rid your home of termites. This method uses known termite behavioral patterns to bait these pests into traps. First, a series of bait stations are placed around your home. Then, the termite colony will feed on the trap as a whole. This kills those who eat the bait. A baiting system is discrete around your home. By effectively getting rid of the queen of the colony, termite baiting systems can efficiently get rid of a termite colony in your home.
Looking for Termite Treatment in West Palm Beach?
Have you been looking for termite treatment in West Palm Beach? If so, contact us today. Florida Environmental Pest Management is here to take care of your budding termite infestation today. Our experienced team of exterminators can inspect your home for possible infestations, find the nest, and eradicate the problem. We have many different termite treatment options that will help with prevention and control.
You should avoid do-it-yourself home treatment methods found at the big box home improvement stores when it comes to treating a termite infestation. You should call our exterminators at the first sign of termites so we can get ahead of the problem before it gets out of control.
If you are looking for routine pest control maintenance, we offer scheduling options for routine spraying of the interior and exterior of your West Palm Beach, Florida, home. Routine spraying helps prevent pests from infiltrating your Florida home so that you can live a pest-free life with your family and pets.
Call us today at 561-708-4090 to schedule an appointment for extermination services from Florida Environmental Pest Management in West Palm Beach.