Mosquitos are more frightening than gators down in South Florida – that’s because they’re everywhere. These pesky pests find their way into our homes, cars, and more, leaving little bites all over us. And, while it’s hard to avoid them 99 percent of the time, Delray Beach pest control can help to alleviate them. Here’s what you should know to prevent infestation in the first place:
What Attracts Mosquitos?
In South Florida, mosquitos are inevitable. However, when it comes to swarms of them lingering around your home, you do have options. Start with prevention. Here are some of the most common causes of having mosquitos make your home theirs:
- Your gutters are filled with wet leaves and debris
- You have leaky faucets
- Your flower pots are making the perfect home
- You have standing water, like rain buckets
- Your shrubbery is encouraging them to stay
- Tarps over firewood and patio furniture is great for laying eggs
- Your trash can is left open
- There are holes in your screens to outside
- You have rotting trees or plants
Are Mosquitos Dangerous?
In what can be considered the tropics for most of the year, Floridians don’t give much thought to a mosquito and its bite. However, sometimes mosquitos can pose a threat. This is because they can carry disease. If you or someone you know is experiencing flu-like symptoms after a mosquito bite, it’s time to get it checked out.
Are You in Need of Delray Beach Pest Control?
Don’t let annoying pests linger around your home! Keep your family happy and healthy by calling in the professionals. If you’re in need of Delray Beach pest control, call us today to learn how we can help you.